Thursday, April 28, 2011

Huzzah, Insomnia and strange happenings.

So, crazy stuff has been happening the last couple of days in my neighborhood. I've been getting ready for moving out of my place and moving in with my girlfriend, and staying crazy busy between trying to find a new job and getting packed for the move. Yesterday, I smelled something weird and shortly thereafter heard a whole bunch of sirens coming from outside. I decided to check it out, so I grabbed my trusty camera and took off to see what was going on. Never would have expected what was about to happen.


Firefighters attack second-story fire as flames soar

Right across the street from my house, a house was mid-burn. Luckily, this house had been vacant for a year or more, but it's still a little crazy to watch a house in your neighborhood go up in flames. Talking to the firefighters, I found out that the blaze had started somewhere upstairs, most likely in one of the closets. 

Firefighters battle to get the house fire under control as smoke pours out of the house

The local newspaper printed an article that stated the fire had done upwards of $25,000 in damage to the house. The police, firefighters, and news papers were unable to locate or contact the current owners of the house at the time of print.

15 comments:

Danny Murphy said...

Well at least no one got hurt.

Dave said...

Lucky nobody was in there, did they find out more info on how it started?

Michael said...

My house getting on fire has always been such a scary thought

The Suit said...

Wow, I've never seen a house go up in flames before.

d0h said...

Talked to the fire chief that was over investigating today, and he said that the neighbors had reported to the police that kids from the high school down the street were breaking in and hanging out after school. The fire started at 3:30-3:45, which puts it shortly after school got out, so the police and firemen are thinking a kid dropped a cigarette or something and that started the fire.

Scrogglez said...

that poor house :(

sadly happens all the time

Daniel Smotherman said...

That sucks. +Following

XIII XXXVII said...

Wow, that's crazy. Those are nice pics btw :)

Unknown said...

That's pretty crazy stuff. Last house I could see burn was mine about 16 years ago.. Brings back some bad memories.

1HipHopBlog said...

That is really crazy!

Frogoe said...

Holy shit... that sucks!

cgallium said...

This totally reminds me about those slums in the city, which were too covered in grime to burn down.
I'm glad no one got hurt though.

Unknown said...

I totally hope, that those kids will get caught. Otherwise this situation is bound to be repeated...

Anonymous said...

I suspect...Meth Lab

Ozzy said...

damn Americans building houses out of paper.

Post a Comment