Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Verizon & Samsung Fail

Sorry I haven't been posting much. My Samsung Continuum decided to fry it's WiFi radio & 3G radio, so I can't post the things I hear about out in the world currently.

So here's the story, Verizon pushes a software update to my phone. I make sure there's plenty of time to finish, since I was praying for the Android 2.2 update that's been promised to Continuum users since October. I do the update, phone reboots, and the Samsung screen lights up. I hear the typical little jam, and the Verizon chime. And then nothing... The Verizon Animation continues... and continues... AANNNDD CONTINUES...

3 hours later, I do a battery pull and wipe the cache in recovery to see if that will allow the phone to boot. No such luck.

At this point I pretty much hate my life. I have important data in the SMS that I haven't backed up, I have all the apps and data in my phone facing an imminent wipe. FML. I boot into recovery, do a factory wipe and reset. Phone comes back on, takes 10 minutes, but the Verizon screen goes away. I start the setup and linking with my Google account, and it tells me I have no data connection and to connect to WiFi. I attempt to connect to my WPA2 WiFi, and it asks me for a hex key and user name. It thinks my WiFi is WEP encrypted, not WPA2. So the factory reset that Verizon forced into the phone (with all their Bing crap intact) has fried not only my WiFi radio, but my 3G radio as well.

Who hires the people who do the programming for these phones? And who the heck is doing the QA?

8 comments:

weirdnewstories said...

Wow Verizon is so ridiculously expensive you would think their service would be flawless

Insider33 said...

Verizon is so bad, glad I changed.

Jim said...

Never used Verizon, I heard it isn't good. I'd say switch if you can.

Girafa said...

Verizon doesn't look good m8 ;)

Unknown said...

lol. You call them and tell them what's up? That should be grounds for a free phone.

paidvacation1605 said...

that is horrible to hear about your phone

João Rodrigues said...

I also heard a lot of bad critics arround verizon, i'll make sure i'l stay away.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we don't have Verizon in our country.

Post a Comment